Monday, February 2, 2009

FHE: Iron Rod Lesson

For family night we taught Benji a few of the symbols in Lehi's vision of the Tree of Life. We used yarn for the Iron Rod and strung it all around the house. With a blind fold Benji learned that to get to the Tree of Life he had to hold to the rod at all times. He loved it so much he did it 3 times.






The blanket served as a Mist of Darkness...he really liked that part.

The sweet rewards of holding to the Iron Rod!
We cut up the precious fruit and all partook together as a family. Definitely one of the more favorite family nights to remember!

6 comments:

Ciria said...

SOOO Cute! We are going to have to steal this idea!

katyn said...

What a great lesson. It looks like he loved it. I agree with Ciria. We are going to have to do this one, too.

Karen said...

Thanks for the FHE idea. Love the fruit at the end. Benji looks so excited. Miss you guys!

Peggy said...

I think I have finally figured out the transition to your new blog tho not totally!! This is such a cute idea I just wish we could have been there to watch! We love you guys, Grammy and Poppy

Jamie said...

fun lesson. We had a similar lesson a few years ago. Benji looks really happy.

Melinda B. said...

What a great way to make FHE child friendly. Mine can only sit for about a minute, so good idea to have them moving throughout.