One of our big struggles is when Benji is excited his obedience goes right out the window and in comes supper happy excited silly boy who often goes overboard. So for family night we talked about how following directions bring blessing or privileges. This applied nicely to Nephi building a ship under his fathers & Heavenly Fathers directions. The tough part was keeping our cool as parents instructing a 3 year old to paint a ship with paint and glue. (why dont they provide washable paint and glue in these kits?) It was a fun lesson I think we all learned from it, and now we have had a great application when Benji wants to help with cooking or other projects he really enjoys we refer him back to building the ship and how when he followed the directions of his father he received blessings or (privileges as we call them). I don’t think Nephi had pirate sails though.
Thanks for the Easter Gifts Grammy and Poppy you really got all of Benjamin’s favorite things!!! Benji was so excited for a big box of nerds he had only ever had the small boxes and they are some of his favorite as well as the bubble gum that was so cool because it had 2 colors and flavors. The shoes are his favorite kind and he keeps wearing them though he needs to wait for bigger feet to fill them. The Dragon he named Benji after himself I tried to sway him to a more original name, but he said, “no his name is Benji because he is strong” and then he gave him a different birthday October 12, "when it is sunny and raining and cold and the leaves are falling not in May so we are not the same.”
So again with the “babies”, this time Benji called me to tell me Nelly was snuggling all his babies, he was so happy she snuggled right in with them. Latter that day with the same excitement he called me; “Mom! Mom!! Mom!!! I learned how to make mud!!! This is how you make mud; you get your hands all dirty & spray, spray, Spray (with the water bottle he snagged from the bathroom) & see MUD!!! I’m all out, can you get me more?”
When it happened I had planed to title this comment, This is how I know it is spring, but then the next Monday what do you know but he is making snow angels out in the yard again!!!
When it happened I had planed to title this comment, This is how I know it is spring, but then the next Monday what do you know but he is making snow angels out in the yard again!!!
4 comments:
Hey, I can't believe I am the first to leave another comment--WOW! What a cute idea for family night and it look slike you had so much fun doing it--though I am amazed you used permanent paint!! I am so glad you got the easter gifts I always worry that things don't get there. We love you guys !
Building a boat is a great idea. I might steal it if I had enough patience to actually carry it out with these 4 monsters I have.
Benj is cute, the boys can't wait to see him this weekend.
We did the boat lesson too, but the boat actually happened to be the Black Pearl and Nephi's family didn't convince Ishmael's family to come with them, they Shanghaied them to the promised land. Gotta love object lessons.
What a clever idea! Such a cool way to bring that lesson to life for him, at his level! I love it.
Post a Comment