So now all my quiet time is devoted to filling this in-depth soul searching section out, the up side (besides becoming closer to being approved for adoption) is I am on a huge head start if ever I want to write a Dangelaelmer history!
So my posts may be a bit sparse-or then again I may procrastinate and keep you all up to date instead.
( Like I am now) We will see, there is only so much soul searching writing one-or two people can do.
These questions help highlight how imperfect we really are, but the more I read them and step back from them (I have taken 3 days off from answering anything) the more they seem possible to answer and less scary, I know it is Heavenly Fathers love and guidance and all our loves ones prayers lifting us through this.
Thank you all for keeping us in your thoughts and prayers!
Here are a few of the fun questions, Casey I know you have a few good examples you (and others too for that matter) could add to some of these if you were writing this for us..
Family Thoughts;What does your extended family think about your adoption plans?
EducationList significant activities, group involvements, or accomplishments during your years of education.
PersonalityDescribe your personality, strengths, and weaknesses.
Spouse's PersonalityDescribe your spouse's personality, strengths, and weaknesses.
Resolution How do you resolve disagreements? What do you do? What does your spouse do?
Stengths and Challenges What are the strengths and challenges of your marriage?
Trauma Share any traumatic eventsthat have inpacted your life.
Parents' DisciplineExplain your parents' meathod of discipline
Parents Describe your parents including education, occupation, personality, interests, etc.
Looks like fun dose it not!!!
On a side note,
Here is a cute picture of Benji from 2 years ago a friend just sent me, I cant believe how much he has grown!
Looking forward to another little one someday!
6 comments:
wow adopting is quite the process... good luck!!
By the way, thanks again for dinner, it was way good!
My goodness, I forgot I left that video on there. I posted it, then removed, then Dan wanted me to post it again, and I subsequently forgot it was there. I will remove it, hopefully they don't take into account the mischieviousness of brothers in the adoption process, but then again, looking at the questions, maybe they do. You should copy and paste all the answers to your questionaire into a word document so you can have history for yourself and if you ever have to fill out a similar questionaire, you'll have that handy.
okay - here are two answers:
Your extended family is really excited for you to have another baby because you guys are great parents to benj. and benj really needs some siblings! (just show them the pictures of him being pregnant.)
Also - a traumatic experience. When Dan spilled his guts the other night and told us all your secrets. OR when Benj got bitten in the face by that one doggie.
And - I'm sure this is super overwhelming (as it would be for anyone) but you guys are great and nobody's perfect. They're not expecting you to be perfect either. Good Luck!
Sounds like you've got your work cut out for you. I was telling my friend, who also wants to adopt, about your blog and the questions you have to answer and she said "Isn't that when you just lie?" I though that was pretty funny.
Angie...what an amazinf journey to be on and one that we all hope ends with a beautiful baby! We are all praying for yuo and as Leigh so aptly put it they are nor searching for perfect parents only loving ones and that you already are! Casey is right make sure you save all this and paste it into a journal...every baby I see down here I jus want to grab and make a break for the airport! We're in Peru and I don't think the polic will stop me!!
Post a Comment