Saturday, May 15, 2010

Curious? Happy Birthday Benji!

What happens when you get 8 kids together for a Birthday Party?
We see alot of monkeying around...Playing on the swing set, bouncing balls, reading Curious George plants a tree, followed by a Bug craft, and Planting a Pear tree in our Yard(yes this is exactly what Benji wanted for his birthday...He was bound and determined to plant his own tree for his birthday-our yards first tree.)






One Happy Boy to Get his Own Fruit Tree!







Everyone worked together shoveling dirt to plant our 1st tree...









Then each of the kids got to choose a seed to plant and take home in their own pot with their little bug label.


More monkeing around followed by our attempt to have the kids have a water balloon toss...







turns out 6 year olds don't have the coordination to work a balloon toss...


But a water balloon fight is always a winner!





Aunt Chelsie was the most soaked-Thanks Dan!


Banana Splits with their choice of toppings-Banana butterscotch Curious George Cake-








The Party's not over till the Pinata Busts!







Great Times Thanks Friends! Happy Birthday My Little Monkey Benji!

5 comments:

Amanda said...

We spent Benji's birthday in the car, but we thought about him often. I'm glad to see everything turned out so wonderfully. The cake was gorgeous! and the pear tree is a great idea. We miss you guys.

Nicole said...

Sounds like lots of fun. We miss being able to be there for his birthdays, you always plan such great parties! We love and miss you guys.

Bale Family said...

The pics turned out so cute! I want some more of that cake, it was sooo good!

Peggy said...

We wish we could have been there for the party it looks sooo fun! We are so excited for you and are keeping you in our prayers as always!

Amanda said...

I'm waiting for a baby calvin post so I can swipe your pictures for my blog update:) I know you must be crazy busy right now, but I'd love to chat. Maybe I'll give you a few weeks and try to call (or if you want to talk you can always call me at peggy's).