Tuesday, June 17, 2008

A few more mile markers passed on the Adoption Road

We met the home study in the rental head on full flush with class…looking good but not quite perfect… but it wasn’t our home so we couldn’t do permanent changes. When I told a friend the story and my disappointments she said “all it means is that you are not a plastic mom, your real”.
Oh I know but really, I hardly ever burn dinner! Why dose smoke have to be coming out of the kitchen as the Case worker is coming in the door to check those smoke detectors and fire extinguishers? I mean it’s not a requirement to show her we know how to use them!!! JK we didnt use any fire extinguishers and the smoke wasnt that strong....
Oh well, on May 28 we finished the adoption home study positively. Dan didn’t get why I cried at the end; it was just such a long awaited goal finally realized and allowing me to move towards the end of this approval process.

Really now that a few weeks have passed I believe I will look back latter and laugh at the whole night. Not quite yet though.

No comments: