Tuesday, June 17, 2008

I guess we made an impression

SO This and the last 3 posts were written a while ago but due to the adoption tasks I didnt have the time to attach the pics I wanted too.. our computer is so slow with that right now...so they are all a bit out dated oh well me & my inperfections...



May 30, 2008
So upon moving in we were to attempt to keep Nelly outside during the day and put their cat Mekah out at night, in order to do this we agreed with the owners to put up a temporary fence. Only 12 feet of fencing was needed to close off their yard. Only little did we know just how temporary it would be. The first day it was up Benji had some visitors from our old neighborhood and maybe in attempt to impress the 2 young ladies he tossed his baseball bat over the fence, & then he tore that temporary fence right down to retrieve it.

We have been trying to reason and teach Benji instead of getting angry and yelling about things so…Needless to say we had a discussion…Dad would have to take time away from his play time with our family in order to fix that fence again, and maybe buy more materials to fix it too which meant more time at work to earn that money to fix the fence…and again more time away from our family. Not exactly how that works but for our 4 year old who loves time to play with Dad it had a great effect…Three days latter I found Benji rummaging through the kitchen drawer then run out the back door. I found him there by the fence with a roll of scotch tape tangled up, 2 rubber bands and piles of tape on the grass. He was mending the fence so Daddy wouldn’t have to! We really do have a sweet mischievous little boy.

2 comments:

Ciria said...

It sounds like he found all of the right tools! I am sure my girls were not just onlookers!

Casey said...

I can't begin to tell you how many similar conversations we've had with porter and maya about not destroying things and the cost of it all, but rarely does it sink in unless a monetary figure is attached for never doing it again. So in effect, we are bribing our children from creating havoc.